MINISTRY OF EDUCATION & SPORTS
Department of Health Education and Training (HET)
The department of Health Education and Training (HET) is one of the six (6) department under the Directorate of Higher, Technical Vocational Education and Training (HTVET) in the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES). The department is responsible for coordinating, supervising, guiding, monitoring, and regulating the training and development of health professions in Health Training Institutions of Uganda.
Health Education and Training Department is mandated to provide quality and relevant education and skills training for health professionals in Uganda.
Quality for educating and training employable human resources for the Health Sector.
An excellent department in providing quality inclusive, flexible and equitable health education and training which is responsive to the requirements of the labour market. In focus, the HET Department aims at seeing “health professions’ education” in the context of health systems and services responding to health needs of the population.
- Effectiveness and efficiency
- Impartiality, Integrity and Selflessness
- Transparency and accountability
- Responsiveness and client focus
- Partnership and continuous improvement
- Discipline and Diligence
The department is on 3rd floor Legacy Towers, plot 5 Kyadondo Road Nakasero in Kampala Capital City.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FOR HET DEPATMENT
In line with the objectives of the education sector, the strategic objectives of the Health Education and Training department include:
- To ensure provision of access to relevant and quality Health education and training to persons interested and fit for health professional training.
- To ensure delivery of relevant and quality health education and training for the world of work at all institutions preparing workforce for the Health Sector
To enhance efficiency and effectiveness of educational service delivery at HET education and training institutions.