Over 50,000 pupils
- have a safe and superior learning environment as a result of 145 schools revamped across 34 districts. Facilities include:
- 929 classrooms
- 144 Administration blocks
- 290 5-stance VIP latrines for boys and girls
- 154 2-stance latrines for teachers
- 9 teachers’ houses
- 154 water harvesting tanks.
Over 1.4 million pupils
- are benefiting from better teaching techniques through the teaching of early grade reading in 29 districts.
- 27.4% of these learners can now read 20 or more words per minute compared to 1% in 2016.
8.7 million pupils
- in 120 districts benefiting from 13 million copies of P.1-P.7 English & Mathematics textbooks supplied, improving the pupil book ratio from 14:1 to 1:1.
- Over 10,000 metallic boxes supplied to enhance storage of instructional materials.
- caregivers/nursery school teachers in 2,000 ECD centres, have appropriate methods and skills to support children’s holistic development under the Community Child Care Program.
- are benefiting from the trained caregivers in 50 districts.
- with hearing impairments fitted with hearing aids across 79 districts. These pupils now have equal chance for a meaningful and equitable education.
- in 2,727 primary schools trained in teaching early grade reading in 29 districts increasing the national figure of trained teachers by 101% from 12,000.
2,399 head teachers
- deputy head teachers and 5,546 school management
- committee members from 1,201 primary schools in 26 districts trained in school leadership, management and
1,047 primary schools
- have undergone electronic inspection in across 43 districts. Check the Resource Centre for reports